Our Powered Pole Pruner course is available for you if you work in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance, and currently use or will be required to use a powered pole pruners.
Summary / introduction:
Our Powered Pole Pruner course is available for you if you work in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance, and currently use or will be required to use a powered pole pruners. This course is physical, so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required of the course programme.
This is a one day course, however if you are inexperienced the course may take longer in order for you to fully utilise the training available. This course can be assessed on the day (ITA)
- Open to all, however if you hold your CS30 or Chainsaw Units 201/202 or equivalent (such as Lantra ITA Chainsaw Maintenance) then the training can be completed in one day
- We require a completed enrolment form
- Copy of suitable ID
- Payment of the course fee
- The applicant will currently have to provide all equipment and PPE clothing
Due to the nature of this qualification a minimum level of fitness would be required for specific operations. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage anybody it is an essential requirement.
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety and health features of a pruning saw
- Maintenance and sharpening of a pruning saw
- Fuelling and starting a pruning saw and performing pre-cutting checks
- Adjusting the engine
- On site risk assessments
- Pruning and cutting techniques
- Removing a trapped saw
- Clearing the site and pruning saw checks
To apply for a place on this course, or to find out more information, please fill out the contact form below and one of our staff will be in touch.